How to Buy a Porsche in Germanyby Luther Blissett
Since the introduction of the 356 in 1948, few automobile brands have been as celebrated and respected as Porsche. For decades, car enthusiasts have raved about performance icons like the Porsche 911 and dreamed of owning engineering masterpieces like the Porsche 959. While an incredible number of Porsches are exported from Germany to virtually every country in the world, it is still possible to purchase and accept delivery of a Porsche in Germany.
Purchasing a Porsche in Germany
Order the Porsche of your choice at any North American Porsche dealer. You will be able to select the delivery date, model and options at this time.
Complete the European Delivery Program Car Order Form at your local dealer. You will be able to specify the length of time that you will drive your new Porsche in Germany at this time.
Arrange for vehicle payment and receive the Monroney Label to present at the Porsche factory as proof of purchase.
Arrive in Germany to complete the purchase of your new Porsche by accepting delivery.
- It is possible to cancel an order after it has been placed by returning the Monroney Label and paying a cancelation fee of 1 percent of the car's retail price.
- Porsche operates two manufacturing plants in Germany: one in Stuttgart and another Leipzig. Confirm with your local Porsche dealer the plant where you should arrive to accept delivery of your Porsche.
Items you will need
- United States or Canadian citizenship
- Local Porsche dealership
- Transportation to Germany
- wet headlight image by Gary Blakeley from Fotolia.com