How to Change the Language on a 2003 Silveradoby Leonardo R. GrabkowskiUpdated July 13, 2023
The 2003 Chevy Silverado's odometer warning cluster communicates in English by default. The personalization menu, however, allows the driver to change the display language to either French or Spanish. This can be helpful if someone is driving your truck and prefers one of the other languages. If you are trying to learn one of these languages, change the truck's display language to help you practice.
1. Start the Silverado's engine and inspect the right side of the steering wheel
Start the Silverado's engine and inspect the right side of the steering wheel. Note a button with a memo icon. This is the "Personalization" button.
2. Tap the "Personalization" button until "Display Language" shows
Tap the "Personalization" button until "Display Language" shows in the Silverado's odometer window.
3. Push the "Select" button
Push the "Select" button. This button has an arrow icon.
4. Push the "Select" button again to choose the appropriate language
Push the "Select" button again to choose the appropriate language. The odometer screen displays "French," "English" and "Spanish." Push the "Personalization" button when the screen shows the desired language.
Video: GM cluster language setting
Comments on this video:
- This was the most direct and quick answer to my problem. I needed to change the language on my information center/odometer thank you very much for posting this video. It helped me a lot I could not find it in my owners manual.
- Thanks for sharing my friend
Leonardo R. Grabkowski has been writing professionally for more than four years. Grabkowski attended college in Oregon. He builds websites on the side and has a slight obsession with Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress.