How to Use Marvel Mystery Oil in an Engineby Dwight Malone
Marvel Mystery Oil is a petroleum-based product designed to be used as an additive in either your engine or fuel lines. Depending on your needs, it's available in 16-ounce, 32-ounce, one-gallon, five-gallon or 55-gallon containers and can be used in conjunction with synthetic blend and full-synthetic oil products. It also can be used in gasoline or diesel engines. Marvel Mystery Oil enhances the lubrication of your vehicle's engine and fuel system, which can lead to a longer lifespan of those components.
In the Fuel System
Fill up your tank at a gasoline station.
If you fill up the gas tank with an amount of fuel divisible by five, it will be much easier to calculate how much Marvel Mystery Oil to add to your vehicle.
Calculate how much Marvel Mystery Oil you should add to your vehicle's fuel tank. For every five gallons of fuel, you should add two ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil. The 16-ounce and 32-ounce bottles have clear windows and markings on the outside of the bottles to indicate how much oil has been poured.
Pour the Marvel Mystery Oil slowly into your vehicle's tank. Stop frequently to check how much you have put in. Once you have put in the correct amount, put the gas cap back on your vehicle, start the vehicle and continue on your way.
In the Motor Oil
Use a socket wrench to remove the plug from the oil pan to drain the motor oil from your engine.
Remove the oil filter from your vehicle. If you cannot unscrew it by hand, use a filter wrench to loosen it. Replace that oil filter with a new one, being sure to put some oil on the gasket of the filter to help ensure a tight seal.
Put the plug back on the oil pan and tighten it with a socket wrench.
Consult your owner's manual to see how much oil your vehicle should take. Subtract one quart from the suggested amount. For example, if your vehicle takes five quarts of oil, pour in four quarts. To add the motor oil, remove the oil fill cap in your engine compartment, insert a funnel and pour the oil in.
Pour one quart of Marvel Mystery Oil into the funnel.
Screw on the oil fill cap, start the engine and let it idle for a few minutes. Turn the vehicle off and check the dipstick to ensure the oil level is adequate. If it is low, add some more motor oil and recheck the level.
- check When using Marvel Mystery Oil in your fuel system, it is recommended that you add it every time you fill up your vehicle with fuel.
- check When using it as a supplement to your engine oil, Marvel Mystery Oil should be added at every oil change.
- check Motor oil comes in a variety of weights, which have different properties. Consult your owner's manual to see what type of oil is required in your vehicle.
- close When changing your oil, never pour the used motor oil into the ground or down a sewer, as motor oil is toxic and can easily contaminate groundwater. Most major auto parts stores will accept used motor oil and will recycle it properly. The oil filter also should be returned so it can be recycled.
Items you will need
- link Marvel Mystery Oil
- photo_camera Luxury Car sportscar from my luxury car series image by alma_sacra from Fotolia.com