How to Set the Clock on the BMW X3by Megan Mattingly-Arthur
Manufactured by German automaker BMW, the X3 is a luxury compact sports utility vehicle that has been in production in the United States since 2004. The BMW X3 does not have a dedicated digital clock, though the time can be brought up on both the odometer and audio systems panel digital displays. The digital clock in your BMW X3 is set using buttons near the dashboard odometer. When the odometer clock is set, the time is automatically transmitted to the audio systems panel.
Insert the key into the ignition of your BMW X3; turn the key to the first position.
Note the two buttons directly to the right of the odometer on the BMW X3 dash; these buttons are used to set the vehicle clock.
Press and hold the right button until the clock's hours place digits appear on the odometer display. Note that the colon to the right of the hours place digits will begin blinking, indicating that you have entered the time-setting mode.
Press the left button repeatedly to set the hours place digits to the correct time.
Press the right button to enter the time-setting mode for the minutes place digits.
Use the left button to set the minute place digits to the appropriate time.
Press the right button a final time to save your clock settings.
- Press the right button whenever you want the digital clock to show on the odometer display for a few seconds.
- Press the "Clock" button next to the radio to display the time on the audio systems panel.
- The clock-setting instructions in this article may not apply to every BWM X3 model year. Contact a BMW dealership or service center near you to obtain model specific clock-setting advice.
- BMW USA: Download Owners Manuals
- "2004 BMW X3 Manual"; BMW; 2003
- "2005 BMW X3 Manual"; BMW; 2004