How to Replace the Acura TL Cigarette Lighter Fuseby Doug Leenhouts
The Acura TL has a very complicated electrical system. There are over 50 fuses spread out in two fuse boxes, and they come in seven different fuse sizes. The fuse boxes should be the first things to check when your car is having electrical problems, as they are easy to access and can be replaced by anyone in a matter of seconds. When a fuse blows, which is fairly obvious, it needs to be changed immediately.
Locate the interior fuse box. It is in front of the driver's seat towards the left. Pull the cover off by sliding your finger or thumb in the notch provided.
Inspect all the fuses in the box. In particular, check fuse number 9 (bottom row, three fuses in from the right side).
Pull out fuse 9 with a fuse puller and discard it.
Place a 15-amp automotive fuse in the fuse slot.
Turn your key to the "on" position. Plug your appliance into the cigarette lighter to check that the fuse does not fail again.
- The fuse puller is located in the under-hood fuse box.
- Different model years may have the fuse located in a different section. Check your owner's manual to see which fuse is for the cigarette lighter.
- Never replace a fuse with one that is rated higher.
- If the new fuse fails soon after replacement, leave it in and bring your car to a qualified shop.
Items you will need
- series object on white: safety fuse image by Aleksandr Ugorenkov from Fotolia.com