How to Remove the Seat From a Honda Shadowby Chris Gilliland
Although you may not reed to remove the seat often, many of your Honda Shadow's vital electrical components reside under the seat. Items that may need attention every now and then, such as your battery or fuses, require you to know the basics of seat removal. Eventually, saddlebags, performance exhausts and comfier seats will absolutely demand that you know how to take the seat off. So get up and take a few tools with you. It will take only a few minutes.
Remove the Allen head bolt that secures the pillion (passenger) seat to the rear fender using the appropriate-size Allen head socket. Lift the pillion upward and to the rear of the motorcycle to remove it.
Locate the bolts that secure the rider's seat to the frame; these bolts are attached the the rear of the seat. Remove the bolts using the appropriate-size Allen head socket and lift the seat upward and to the rear of the motorcycle.
Reinstall the front seat by sliding the seat's tongue forward into the slot below the fuel tank or in the frame. Push down and secure the seat with the two mounting bolts.
Reinstall the pillion seat by sliding it forward into the frame, then press downward and secure with the mounting bolt.
- check Bolt locations and quantities may vary between the different models of the Honda Shadow (i.e., Ace, Spirit, Sabre). However, the basic mounting locations will be similar.
- check Be sure that the front seat is completely seated in the frame before bolting it into place.
- check For exact details pertaining to your specific model, refer to your owner's manual.
- check If you do not feel that you can complete this project, have the work done by a qualified technician.
- close Check that the seat is locked into position. A loosely mounted seat can shift while riding and cause a loss of control.
Items you will need
- photo_camera China Photos/Getty Images News/Getty Images