How to Open the Fuel Cap on a 2000 Corvetteby Diana BraunUpdated August 08, 2023
The Corvette is a high performance sports car manufactured by General Motors under the Chevrolet brand. The car has been in production since 1952. The Corvette runs on premium gas and can be filled by locating the fuel door on the driver’s side of the vehicle. A remote button located inside the car automatically opens the fuel door on a 2000 Corvette. A fuel release tab can also be used to manually open the fuel door and fuel cap.
1. Press the fuel filler door release button located inside the center console storage compartment
Press the fuel filler door release button located inside the center console storage compartment. The door pops open.
2. Remove the fuel cap by turning it slowly to the left
Remove the fuel cap by turning it slowly to the left.
3. Place the cap in the holder
Place the cap in the holder on the filler door and begin fueling.
If the fuel door doesn’t release by pressing the fuel filler door release button located inside the console, pull the manual fuel door release tab located in the upper trim of the rear compartment on the driver’s side.
Video: Corvette C5 How to Manually Open Gas Cap
Helpful comments on this video:
- Hey man hopefully you see this and respond soon :P My C5 fuel cap button stopped working and I went to use the emergency release and it too is not working! I am searching everywhere and can't find any info on it not working and what I can do... (I figured my only option at this point is to see where the wire runs to and make sure everything is good, but I have a FRC and it looks like the wire is somewhere either unreachable or hard to get at, especially when going in blind. So I don't know what to do)
- Thank you
- If the fuel door doesn't release by pressing the fuel filler door release button located inside the console, pull the manual fuel door release tab located in the upper trim of the rear compartment on the driver's side.
Diana Braun began her writing career as a consultant and technical writer for a software company focusing on how-to, training, white paper, and internal process documentation. After two years, Braun left to pursue her entrepreneurial dreams. Since then, she has launched several startups including a t-shirt business, an online marketing and advertising t-shirt distribution business, and an entertainment site. She currently resides in South Florida.