How do I Activate Bluetooth in a Mitsubishi Outlander?by Jason Unrau
Hands-free operation is quite prevalent, as safe vehicle operation has been at the forefront of the current vehicle market. Lawmakers have been banning the use of handheld cellphones with the implementation of distracted driving laws. In response to these rules and regulations, Mitsubishi
Items you will need
Bluetooth-capable cellular phone or smartphone
Bluetooth-equipped Mitsubishi Outlander
Ensure that the phone is powered on before initiating Bluetooth activation.
- Press the speech button on the steering wheel. It displays the image of a head with speech lines coming from the mouth. Wait for the beep.
- After the beep, say "Setup." The vehicle will list several options through the audio system at this point. Wait until it has completed the list and beeps again.
- Say "Pairing options." Again, the vehicle will list options like list phones, select phone and pair a new phone. Wait for the beep.
- Say "Pair." The Outlander will dictate instructions, and ask you for a four-digit PIN code.
- Say ANY four-digit pin code. You will use this PIN code on your phone right away to complete the pairing procedure.
- From the "Settings" menu, select Bluetooth.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled, or set to "On."
- Start a search on your phone for new devices.
- Once detected, "Hands-Free System" or a similar name will display. Select it.
- Enter the four-digit PIN number you selected previously. In some cases, the PIN number will display and you will only need to confirm that is it correct.
- Your vehicle will ask you for a name associated with the cellphone. Say your name after the beep.
- The vehicle will confirm by saying "Pairing Complete."
Some vehicles support SMS messaging through the radio display. If your vehicle supports it, go into your vehicle's paired device list in Bluetooth and select the info icon. Set "Show Notifications" to on.