How to Disable an I-PASS

by Tiffany Raiford
itstillruns article image
Comstock/Comstock/Getty Images

I-PASS is the prepaid transponder used for Illinois toll roads. With an I-PASS on your windshield, you can bypass toll booths in favor of driving straight through the prepaid toll lane, which dramatically shortens your travel time. Should you decide you no longer require the use of your I-PASS, you can disable your account and receive a full refund of any remaining balance by contacting the I-PASS company.

Step 1

Wrap your I-PASS transponder in foil and place it in a box. Include a short, concise letter requesting to close your account. Include your return address on the letter. Tape the box shut using packing tape.

Step 2

Go to the post office to mail your package. You must mail the package via certified mail. Mail the package to:

I-PASS Distribution Center

Post Office Box 5225

Lisle, IL 60532

Step 3

Pay the fee to mail your package via certified mail. The fee is based on the weight and a size of the package and the extra services you opt to purchase. Your refund arrives within 45 days of your package being received by the I-PASS center. If you fund your I-PASS account with cash or check, you will receive a check for the remaining balance. If you fund your account with a credit or debit card, you will receive a credit to the card.

More Articles

article divider