How to Use a Gas Gift Cardby Adam Fonseca
Using a gas gift card the next time you are at the pump is an extremely easy process very similar to using a debit or credit card to purchase gas. Many gas station brands offer gift cards to drivers which typically come in the form of a credit card-sized card to use the next time you fill up your gas tank. You can either use these cards directly at the electronic gas pump or inside at the cashier counter.
Determine the amount your gas gift card is worth by reading the face of the card or the packaging accompanying the card. Many times the gift card manufacturer will list the monetary amount your card is worth on the packaging or on the face of the gift card. You will need to stay at or below this dollar amount; do not purchase more gas then what your card is worth.
Slide your gift card into the electronic gas pump just as you would with a debit or credit card. Proceed to fill your gas tank with the appropriate amount of purchased gas as defined by the monetary value of your card.
Use your gift card inside at the cashier as an alternative method of paying for your gas. The cashier attendant can offer further assistance with this process, however you will likely use your gift card as you would a debit or credit card.
- Depending on the monetary value of your gas gift card, you can use your card multiple times for purchasing gas.
- Many gas gift cards are also reloadable and can be used many times as long as money is still "loaded" on the card.
- Do not purchase more gas than what your gift card is worth; otherwise, your gift card my be declined and you will be responsible for paying the difference to the gas station.
- Some gift cards are designated for use only at specific gas station brands. Be sure to check this detail by calling the customer service number located on the back of your gas card.
- Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images