How to Program a Nissan Murano Key Fobby Megan Mattingly-Arthur
The Nissan Murano has been in production since 2003, manufactured by Nissan and released as their first mid-size crossover sports utility vehicle in the U.S. The Nissan Murano includes a convenient keyless entry function that lets you engage the vehicle's power locks from a distance. Take advantage of this useful feature by programming a keyless entry fob to your Murano.
Close all of the doors of your Nissan Murano. Press the "Lock/Unlock" switch on the control panel on the driver's side door to engage the vehicle's power locks.
Insert the key into the Murano's ignition cylinder and quickly remove it; do this six times within a period of 10 seconds. Note that the vehicle's hazard lights will flash if the programming mode has been successfully accessed.
Reinsert the key into the ignition cylinder of your Nissan Murano; turn it to the "Acc" position.
Press the "Lock" button on the keyless entry fob within five seconds to program it to your Nissan Murano. Watch to see if the hazard lights flash; this indicates that the fob has been successfully programmed and is ready to use.
Turn the key to the "Off" ignition position and take it out of the ignition cylinder. Press the unlock button on the driver's side door control panel, then open the door to end the programming process.
- To program additional keyless entry fobs for your Nissan Murano, unlock and lock the vehicle's doors via the control panel on the driver's side door; repeat Step 4.
- The programming process will cancel the programming of any keyless entry fobs that are not preset.
- These keyless entry remote programming instructions are not compatible with Nissan mechanical key and electronic fob combination keys. Consult your local Nissan dealership or service center for more keyless entry information.
Items you will need
- Nissan Murano key
- Nissan keyless entry fobs
- Creatas Images/Creatas/Getty Images