Who Do You Report Gas Pump Fraud To?

by Robert Moore

Gas pumps are calibrated and inspected by your state's department of agriculture. If you suspect fraud, keep a copy of your receipt and contact the weights and measurement division of the department of agriculture. You can also contact your state's attorney general to report suspected fraud.

Reporting Suspected Fraud

Look for the inspection label posted on the front of the pump. This label includes the initials of the last inspector, date of inspection and the phone number of the weights and measurement division in your state. Make a note of the inspection date and serial number on the inspection label, if possible. Some states also allow you to report fraud online. Check your state's website to see if they offer this method of reporting.

About the Author

Robert Moore started writing professionally in 2002. His career started has head writer and Web designer for VFW post 1224 in Hamburg, Michigan. He has prepared business plans, proposals and grant requests. Moore is a state of Michigan-certified mechanic and is pursuing an Associate of Arts in automotive technology from Lansing Community College.

More Articles