How Do I Open the Engine Fuse Box of a 2000 Windstar?by Gregory Crews
The 2000 Ford Windstar uses two fuse panels to help protect the van's electrical components from electrical surges. The fuse box in the engine is used to protect the engine's electrical components. This panel is also referred to as a power distribution box. The fuse box in the engine is locked in to place to prevent the cover from sliding off during motion. Opening the cover takes a matter of seconds.
Open the hood to access the engine compartment. Locate the battery in the front of the engine compartment. The fuse panel is located behind the battery.
Squeeze the tabs on the side of the box by hand. This releases the cover.
Pull the cover off and away from the fuse panel to expose the fuses.
Push the cover back on to the panel by pushing it over the panel. The cover locks in place.
Close the hood.
- The panel is labeled on the top of the cover for easier access.
- Use caution when working around electrical components. Always isolate the battery before servicing.
- Ford Windstar Owner's Manual
- "Ford Windstar Mini-Vans (1995 thru 2003) and Freestar and Mercury Monterey (2004 thru 2007)"; John Haynes; 2007
- car fuses image by Witold Krasowski from Fotolia.com