How to Replace a PCV Valve on a 2006 Chrysler Town and Country

by Tara Kimball

The positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve on the 2006 Chrysler Town and Country regulates the ventilation of gases within the engine. When the PCV valve fails, emissions and gases may pass back into the engine instead of being locked into the exhaust system. Buy a replacement valve from a Chrysler dealer or auto parts specialty store and change it in seconds, saving the labor costs and the lost time spent in a service center's waiting room.


Raise the hood of the vehicle. Locate the PCV valve on the top center of the valve cover.


Pull the hose off the top of the PCV valve. Pull the valve straight out of the valve cover.


Insert the new PCV valve straight into the valve cover. Push the rubber hose onto the top of the new PCV valve until it stops. Close the hood.


About the Author

Tara Kimball is a former accounting professional with more than 10 years of experience in corporate finance and small business accounting. She has also worked in desktop support and network management. Her articles have appeared in various online publications.

More Articles

Photo Credits

  • photo_camera Comstock/Comstock/Getty Images