How to Program a Buick Remoteby Matthew FortunaUpdated July 11, 2023
Keyless entry systems allow you to control your vehicle's door locks, your trunk popping mechanism and your panic alarm with a wireless remote. Buick is among the many manufacturers that features cars with this technology, and you can program your remotes to your own Buick car in just minutes from your driver's seat. Programming of the remote only requires the remote itself and your ignition key, and you will have the system ready to use right away.
1. Enter your vehicle with your ignition key in hand
Enter your vehicle with your ignition key in hand and close all of the vehicle's doors behind you.
2. Insert the key into the ignition
Insert the key into the ignition, turn it to the "On" position, return it to the "Off" position and remove the key from the ignition.
3. Press and hold the "Unlock" tab on the driver's side door
Press and hold the "Unlock" tab on the driver's side door and insert and remove the key from the ignition three times in quick succession.
4. Release the "Unlock" tab on the door
Release the "Unlock" tab on the door and wait for the vehicle to emit three beeps.
5. Press and hold the "Lock" and "Unlock" buttons
Press and hold the "Lock" and "Unlock" buttons on your remote until the vehicle beeps twice to indicate successful programming.
6. Repeat step 5 with any additional remotes
Repeat step 5 with any additional remotes and remove the key from the ignition to end the programming sequence.
Video: How To Program A Buick Encore Smart Key Remote Fob 2017 - 2020
Comments on this video:
- I lost all my fobs and got a new one. I went through steps and the new remote works great. Problem is that the anti theft warning light is on all the time now and when I exit the vehicle for more than 10 minutes, when I go to start it, it says ready for remote 2. I can push and hold the start button for 12 seconds and the car will start. This happens every time I leave the vehicle for a long period of time. Any suggestions!
- Awesome worked like a charm!
Matthew Fortuna is a full-time freelance writer with a journalism degree from Wayne State University, living in the Detroit metropolitan area. He has written about a wide range of topics across varying publications, including Demand Studios, wiseGEEK.com and Suite101.com, among others. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in journalism from Wayne State University.