How to Disable the Seatbelt Chime on a Cadillac CTSby Necie ReedUpdated July 11, 2023
The Cadillac CTS has a seat belt chime to remind the driver and passenger to buckle their seat belts. This chime sounds as soon as the vehicle begins to move at a speed of more than 5 mph. You can disable the chime from sounding.
1. Move the driver's seat to its most forward position
Move the driver's seat to its most forward position. Do this for the back and base of the seat.
2. Sit in the rear passenger's seat
Sit in the rear passenger's seat, directly behind the driver's seat of the vehicle.
3. Reach under the driver's seat
Reach under the driver's seat, and locate the two-wire plug that runs into the female end of the seat belt. This wire will be the only wire running towards the center of your vehicle.
4. Unplug the wires by squeezing the clip
Unplug the wires by squeezing the clip, holding the two wires together and pulling them apart. Your seat belt chime will be disabled. Do the same for the passenger side seat belt chime.
Disabling the chime may negatively affect the effectiveness of your air bag's deployment.
Video: How to Permanently Turn Off Annoying Seatbelt Chimes
Comments on this video:
- I literally Just unplugged as if I was taken out the seat DON'T CUT YOUR WIRES
- keep in mind that most vehicle manufacturers provide a series of steps to disable the chime, but leaves the functionality for the ability to have the airbags to deploy safely. by unplugging wires or cutting them you not only disable the chime but the possibility of the car to not deploy airbags when in an accident... please read the users manual or contact the manufacturer to learn how to disable this safely :/
Necie Reed began writing professionally in 2009. Her work appears online, focusing on topics about technology, software, video games and relationships. She also blogs and is the owner of a forum website. Reed earned her Bachelor of Science in technology from Devry University and her Master of Business Administration in project management from Keller Graduate School.