How to Replace the Fuses in a Chrysler Town & Country

by Kyle McBride
itstillruns article image
Scott Olson/Getty Images News/Getty Images

The fuses in your 2012-through-2015 Chrysler Town and Country are in the totally integrated power module. The TIPM is in the engine compartment, between the battery and the driver-side fender. Remove the black plastic cover to access the fuses. You can grasp and pull the fuse straight out of the panel. Use the fuse puller tucked into the cover to grasp the fuse if the fuses are nestled so close together you can't get your fingers on them. Alternately, you can use a pair of hemostats or a slender pair of needle-nose pliers to extract the fuse. Replace the fuse with one of the same amperage.


The TIPM in your Town and Country contains large, square cartridge fuses and smaller, narrow mini-fuses. The cartridge fuses -- 25A to 60A fuses -- protect the circuits that draw high current. The mini-fuses are usually 25A or less, though you'll find one green 30A mini-fuse for the radio in slot No. M12. The cartridge fuses have a window in the top of the fuse case through which you can see the filament. Like in the mini-fuses, if the filament is broken, replace the fuse. When you're finished, replace the TIPM cover and make sure it is secure so water can't get into it.

Additional Circuit Protection

If you have power windows, a 25A circuit breaker protects the window circuit. In the 2012 Town and Country, that breaker is under the dashboard near the steering column. In the 2013-through-2015 Town and Country, the breaker is in the TIPM. Also in the 2012 Town and Country, find a 30A circuit breaker for the power seats under the driver's seat. For the heated mirrors, the lower dash panel power outlet and removable floor console, the 2012 has self-resetting fuses that are serviceable only by an authorized service center.

More Articles

article divider