How to Replace the Fuse for a Corolla CE Dome Lightby Kyle Sanstrom
The dome light in a Toyota Corolla CE is protected by a mini fuse, located in the under-hood fuse block. When the dome light draws too much current, the filament inside the fuse bursts to stop the flow of electricity. This interruption to the electrical flow prevents the dome light wiring from overheating and catching fire. When the dome light fuse is blown, the dome light will not operate until a replacement fuse is inserted in the dome light fuse receptacle.
Turn the ignition to the “OFF” position and place the transmission in park (automatic transmission) or first gear (manual transmission). Set the parking brake and open the hood.
Locate the fuse block inside the engine compartment, between the driver’s side strut tower and air filter box.
Remove the fuse block’s cover and read the diagram on the opposite side, which shows the location of the dome light fuse.
Pull out the blown dome light fuse and replace it with the new fuse. Replace the cover and close the hood.
Switch the dome light to the “ON” position using the dome light toggle switch, located on the left side of the dome light. Verify that the dome light operates properly.
- Replacement dome light fuses are available from auto parts and hardware stores.
Items you will need
- Replacement dome light fuse
- “Toyota Corolla and Geo/Chevrolet Prizm: 1993-2002 (Haynes Repair Manual)”; John Haynes and Jay Storer; 2002
- “Toyota Corolla: 2003-2005 (Haynes Repair Manual)”; Alan Ahlstrand, John Haynes and Jay Storer; 2006
- Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images