KIA Rondo Remote Programming Instructionsby Daniel Valladares
Having a keyless remote allows for the convenience of locking and unlocking your Kia Rondo without using your key. Eventually, though, the battery will run out or you might lose your remote and have to purchase a new one. In those cases, you will have to reprogram the remote to recognize your vehicle.
Insert the key into the ignition and place the vehicle in the "On" position. Do not turn on the engine.
Pop open the hood of the vehicle and locate the 20-pin data-link connector. On the Kia Rondo, the connector is located directly behind the battery.
Connect the jumper wire to pins five and six of the data-link connector. All the pins should be labeled. Use the jumper wire to make the connection between the two pins.
Press and hold the "Lock" button on the remote until the turn signals blink once. If you have other remotes you wish to program for this specific vehicle, press and hold the "Lock" button on them as well.
Remove the wire from the data-link connector, close the hood and remove the key from the ignition.
- Jumper wires can be purchased at any electronics shop. You do not need a specific jumper wire for this process. Any jumper wire will do.
- The Kia Rondo can only have two remotes programmed for it at any time.
- If the batteries run out on the remote, you will have to reprogram the remote after installing new batteries.
Items you will need
- Jumper wire
- "2010 Kia Rondo Owner's Manual"; Kia Canada Inc., 2009.
- keyless remote image by Ray Kasprzak from Fotolia.com