How to Pinstripe a Carby Contributor
Pin striping is an easy way to add a classy personal touch to your car. Actually applying a pinstripe decal to your car can seem a little daunting at first, but with the right tools you will be on the road in no time.
Purchase enough pin striping decals to cover your car as desired.
Wash and wax the car thoroughly to ensure a clean surface, and then keep the car dust free until the pinstripe is applied.
Use a water based felt tip marker and a straight edge to draw the lines onto your car. This mark will serve as your guide.
Ask a friend to help you apply the pinstripe decal once you have the lines marked.
Peel a small part of the backing off of one end of the pin striping and have your friend help you slowly press the decal onto the pre-marked line as you remove the backing.
Apply the entire pinstripe in this fashion, and then repeat if you are adding multiple stripes.
- check The marker may not come off of your car based on different circumstances so try a small mark in an inconspicuous area first.
- check The cleaner the car is the better, so take your time cleaning the surface where the sticker will be applied.
- close Understand that if the marker does not come off of your car the mark is permanent and may affect resale value.
- close Be sure you know exactly how you want the pinstripe to be placed on the car. If you make a mistake you will have to throw it away and start over.
- close Do not remove all the backing of the sticker all at once, it will easily twist and ruin itself.