How to Increase the MPG on My GMC Envoyby Baptist Johnson
The GMC Envoy is a sport utility vehicle and naturally gets less miles per gallon than most cars. There are several ways to increase your miles per gallon and decrease your fuel cost.
Get a tuneup on your Envoy regularly. Be sure to replace the fuel filters and air filters at least every 20,000 miles or so, depending on your driving conditions.
Keep your tires inflated to the recommended tire pressure. Ideally, you should check your tire pressure once a week.
Avoid reckless driving. Avoid accelerating too fast or sudden braking as both can increase fuel consumption.
Try to limit the weight in your vehicle when possible. Check the trunk area and backseat for heavy items that can be left at home.
Plan your trips ahead of time to avoid driving in heavy traffic. Stop-and-go traffic decreases your miles per gallon significantly. Use highway systems when possible as your Envoy will get better miles per gallon when travelling between speeds of 30 and 60 miles per hour.
- U.S. Department of Energy: Fuel Economy
- U.S. Department of Energy: Driving More Efficiently
- U.S. Department of Energy: Keeping Your Car in Shape
- U.S. Department of Energy: Planning and Combining Trips
- U.S. Department of Energy: Gas Mileage of 2006 GMC Envoy
- Internet Autoguide: 2009 GMC Envoy Denali SUV
- fuel station image by AGITA LEIMANE from Fotolia.com