How to Check the Status of a Traffic Ticket in Montrealby Annabel
Checking the status of a traffic ticket issued in Montreal is a simple procedure that can be completed online. The City of Montreal's system will tell you whether the ticket has been paid and how much the fine is. You also can pay the fine, but tickets cannot be disputed online.
Visit the City of Montreal's Pay Online website. There is a link in the Resources section.
Complete the security question, and enter your ticket number into the second box. Your ticket number is under the barcode at the top of the ticket. Press "Next."
Pay the ticket by credit card if the system tells you it is outstanding. The process is subject to a CAD$1.50 administrative fee. Follow the prompts to complete the transaction.
- check You can also pay by personal check. Mail the check with your ticket number to:
- check Service des finances
- check Ville de Montréal
- check Sector "C"
- check P.O. Box 11045
- check Centre-Ville Station
- check Montréal, QC
- check Canada H3C 4Y1
- check If you wish to dispute your ticket, you must complete the information listed under "Not Guilty Plea" on the ticket. Check the box marked "Not Guilty," and sign the ticket. You must also fill in your vehicle information, and you may provide an explanation as to why you are contesting the ticket. Mail the ticket to:
- check Montréal Municipal Court
- check Customer Service
- check P.O. Box 11046
- check Canada H3C 4Y2
- close The Pay Online system does not issue refunds. You must contest your ticket within 30 days.
Items you will need
- photo_camera montreal image by lilufoto from Fotolia.com